3.31.2006

the weather is sweet



Ah, t-shirt weather. It has finally summoned me from the funk of closed windows and biking with gloves on and smelly old sweaters. Let's hope it sticks around for good this time. A dear friend called today's song "the feel-good song of the decade." For me it's hard to say because there have been a lot of pleasant songs in the past 10 years. Also, I don't speak French. This guy could be rapping about feline AIDS, SARS or global warming for all I know. In my ignorance, however, it seems to be the perfect mix of hip-hop beats and calypso melodies for this beautiful day. French rapping is so damn pretty too.

MC Solaar - Bling Bling

1 comment:

Alexander said...

MC Solaar... you're shitting me. He was all the rage when I studied in Grenoble. I think the popular track was called superstar, or was about stars and their super-ness... superintendents, stars and sons... who knows, it was in French. Anyway, we used to go this club/bar (le subway) to drink oddly-colored, flaming shots and play dice; Whenever that song came on, all the frogs went crazy…
That’s not derogatory is it, frogs? It’s not like the French know what a frog is, unless the French word for frog is "le frog" (it’s grenouille). Actually, I heard that the French are more closely related to frogs than the rest of us.